I had been craving sweet potato fries, so last week, I decided to try my hand at making them. They turned out pretty good!
(Modified from this recipe by Country Living)
My version of Sweet Potato Fries – Serves 2
- brown sugar
- ground cinnamon (I didn’t measure the spices, just put a little of this and a little of that. Use whatever spices you have on hand.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large (about 1 1/2 pounds) sweet potato (I only used 1 sweet potato, because I didn’t want a ton, and I wasn’t sure how they would be leftover.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel potatoes, cut each in half lengthwise, and cut each half into 6 wedges.
- In a large bowl, combine the cut potatoes, oil, and spices of your choice. Toss until potatoes are evenly coated.
- On a baking sheet, arrange potatoes in a single layer and place on the middle shelf of the oven.
- Bake until edges are crisp and potatoes are cooked through — about 30 minutes. Serve immediately. (For just one potato, I adjusted the cooking time to about 20 minutes. I baked them for about 10 mins on one side, then flipped them, and did another 10 mins. Just keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t burn.)