A good friend of mine sent out online Holiday Greetings this year. Some of you may think that’s tacky, because it’s not “traditional”, but I think it’s a great idea!
- LESS HASSLE – She has a baby at home, who has time to write out Christmas cards?
- MORE PERSONAL – The greeting included a slideshow of photos of her daughter. You won’t find that on the 20 pack of cards you pick up on your weekly grocery run!
- CUTER – See above.
- SAVES PAPER – My semi-crunchy* self is always looking for ways to become more eco-friendly.
- SAVES MONEY – From what I could tell on the website she used, creating a greeting is free. If you do have someone that does not have email access, you can print some of the greetings as well, and send them snail mail. (That may cost you though, I haven’t looked into it that much.)
I wish I could do it this year, but I already have a stack of cards (leftover from last year), ready to write out and send. Next year, though, it’s online greetings all the way! 🙂
(Here’s the site she used, if anyone is interested: Smilebox)
* Crunchy – “Green;” environmentally-friendly.