Sweet baby boy –
2 months old already?! You are growing up so fast! A lot has changed in just one month…
As I type this, you are asleep in my arms. We’re back to breastfeeding most of the time, but sometimes you still get formula, and that’s ok. Mommy likes that you’re flexible. It will make things easier in a couple of months when Mommy goes back to work and you start daycare…. 🙁
You smile a lot, which just melts our hearts. You also vocalize quite a bit now. I love our “conversations”! You’re awake more during the day, and sleep through the night pretty consistently (usually 6 hours between midnight and 6 am). Thank you for that! Mommy and Daddy are much better parents when we get more sleep! 🙂
Your favorite things right now are your play mat (you love kicking the hanging toys), your Metallica and Journey lullabies (thanks Daddy!), taking naps with Mommy, and your hands (which you’re constantly chewing on!) You’ve also become quite the little traveler in the past month…going on your first road trip, running errands with Mommy and Daddy, Friday night dinners with Poppy and Grandma, and a lunch date or two with Mommy’s friends.
We can’t wait to see what the next month brings. We love you!
2 month stats:
- Weight: 12 lbs. 2.5 oz (up 4+ lbs since birth)
- Length: 23.5 in (up 3+ in since birth)
2 month milestones (from Baby Center):
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Vocalizes: gurgles and coos
- Follows objects across field of vision
- Notices his hands
- Holds head up for short periods
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Smiles, laughs – I haven’t heard you laugh yet, but Daddy says that he has.
- Holds head at 45-degree angle
- Makes smoother movements
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Holds head steady – Just for a few seconds…but you’re getting better at it.
- Can bear weight on legs – Not yet, but you’re trying!
- Lifts head and shoulders when lying on tummy (mini-pushup) – You did this for the first time yesterday!