If you’ve been a follower of my blog(s), you may remember many years ago (ok, it was in 2010), I did a 30 day vegetarian challenge. I completed it, but slowly began eating meat again, and when I got pregnant all I wanted to eat was red meat…meh.
Now we’re entering a new year, and I feel like I should set at least ONE goal. So, I said to myself…Self, you need to lose the baby weight. You need to get up off your lazy ass, and put down the fork, FACE!
And what’s the best way to lose weight and feel better? Diet and exercise! And my “diet” of choice? A plant-based diet (commonly known as Veganism, but that gets such a bad rap sometimes), inspired by recent documentaries, such as Food, Inc. and Forks Over Knives. (I’ve already transitioned to non-dairy milk…so that’s a start!)
Therefore, my ULTIMATE GOAL for 2012 is to do a 30-day Vegan Challenge using this book as a guide. I’m not sure when I’ll start this challenge, but I’ll be sure to announce it here, so you can all laugh at me as I try to give up cheese…
— And because Baby Rabies did a post on “12 To Do in 2012” and I want to link up…here are 11 more goals (many of which relate to number one above)…
2. Get to my post-baby goal weight — I’m not going to say the number, because you will all think I’m nuts, but let’s say I have about 15 pounds to go.
3. Shake that ass — Start exercising again! 3 times a week for 30 mins a day (at least)
4. Floss everyday. — This is always on my list!
5. Get a new engagement ring/wedding band set — When DH and I got engaged/married, we were right out of college, and not rolling in the dough like we are now (pssshhh…that’s a laugh). Anyway, I asked DH recently if I made it to my goal weight and kept it off for 6 months, could I replace my rings (because my wedding band is too small now anyway), because that would be some good motivation. Mama’s gonna get her some bling-bling!
6. Make a photo book of DS’s first year — This is going to take a while…so many good pictures!
7. Get professional family photos taken — We only did this once (that I can recall) when I was a child, so I would like to do it with my family every few years, if possible.
8. More date nights with DH — To save our sanity!
9. Celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary! — Our anniversary falls on a weekend this year, so we’d like to take a mini-vacation and go stay in the same hotel where we got married.
10. The 5 year plan — So DH and I can see how far we’ve come, and where we’d like to be in the future. Should we start building our dream home? Start talking about Baby #2? (Yes, I know we just had a baby, but I’m sure we’ll start discussing timing of #2 at the end of 2012, after DS turns one. Or maybe we should see how the rest of his first year goes…lol)