Happy 11 months, big boy!
Just one short month until the big ONE! Holy moley, how did we get here so fast?!
You have made some huge strides developmentally recently. You can now stand without holding on to anything, bend down to pick something up and return to standing, and you’ve taken one step! I have a feeling you will be walking any day now. (Remember when I was saying that about crawling just a few months ago?)
In addition to dada, mama, and baba, you now say (what sounds to me like) “bye-bye” and “got it”. We’re still working on waving, though.
You have 5 (going on 6) teeth, and are a fantastic eater. You love cheerios for a snack (just like Mom!), and will eat pretty much anything we put in front of you.
Your favorite toy is anything that you can push around. (Particularly the round end table in the living room.)
Planning for your first birthday party is in full swing! Let’s get ready to celebrate! (And Mommy will try not to cry about how fast you’re growing up…)
I love you!
11 month milestones (from Baby Center):
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Says “mama” or “dada” to the correct parent – Everyone and everything else is still “dada”. I am “mama”. lol
- Plays patty-cake and peek-a-boo – Haven’t quite figured out patty-cake. Peek-a-boo is a favorite, though.
- Stands alone for a couple of seconds
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Understands “no” and simple instructions
- Puts objects into a container
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Says one word besides “mama” or “dada”
- Stoops from standing position