Baby Boy -
You are one year old! It seems like just yesterday that you were born! You were the prettiest baby in the nursery. (That’s not a typical mom brag, the nurses even said so!!) I will never forget the first time I held you in my arms…so tiny, so sweet…
In contrast, you are no longer “tiny”. You are still sweet, though our snuggle sessions are a thing of the past (unless you are REALLY tired, or sick). You are constantly on the move. Walking, and attempting to run. Sometimes, I imagine you saying “that’s for BABIES” in reference to crawling, like that girl in the Cheerios commercial.
You are such an amazing child, and I can not imagine my life without you. I can’t wait to see what the toddler years have in store. Thank you for picking me to be your mommy!
I love you so much!
weight: 23 lbs. 14.5 oz.
height: 30 inches
Pants: 12 months
Shirts/Onesies: 12-18 months
Shoes: Size 4
Diapers: Size 3 or 4
Teeth: 6 (3 on top, 3 on bottom)
Likes – Cheese, beans, chicken, spinach, pears, applesauce
Dislikes – Pineapple
12 month milestones (from Baby Center):
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Imitates others’ activities – Yep!
- Indicates wants with gestures – He waves his hands around when he’s done eating (the sign for “all done”), and he points to things occasionally.
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Takes a few steps – Definitely!
- Says one word besides “mama” or “dada” – He says “No” sometimes.
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Walks alone – He walks across rooms by himself!
- Scribbles with a crayon – We haven’t tried this yet.
- Says two words besides “mama” or “dada” – He says syllables that sound like words, but nothing obvious. He can sign “eat”, “all done”, and “milk”.
See all of *Hunter*’s first year: