Happy 14 months, little dude!
Today is your Halloween party at daycare, so you’re all decked out in your “tiny ninja” costume. (I tried and failed to get a full body pic. Maybe on Halloween…)
You have definitely become more verbal in the last month. You now say and sign “more” and “milk” consistently, and you’ve also added “uh oh”, “ball” (your favorite toy), and “hello” to your vocabulary. You’ve started waving on occasion, but you wave toward yourself, so sometimes I confuse it as the sign for “milk”. lol You prefer to high-five than wave, though, and can do this when asked.
You also have little desire to eat with your fingers anymore (pincher grasp is soooo 10 months old), but haven’t quite mastered eating with a spoon, though you’re getting better at it. In fact, most of the time, you prefer to not eat in your highchair at all! You’d rather play, then come and eat a bite off my fork, then wander off again…
I love you so much, sweetheart!!
14 month milestones (from Baby Center):
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Eats with fingers – Yes, but you prefer not to!
- Empties containers of contents – Been there, done that.
- Imitates others – Yes, you’re a little copycat!
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Toddles well – Been there, done that.
- Initiates games – You’ll bring me a ball to roll so you can chase it, I guess that counts. lol
- Points to one body part when asked – We’re working on it.
- Responds to instructions (e.g., “give me a kiss”) – Yep.
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Uses a spoon or fork. – We’re working on it.
- Matches lids with appropriate containers. – Not quite yet.
- Pushes and pulls toys while walking – Been there, done that.