Happy 16 months, little chatterbox!
Your 16 “month-day” was on Christmas Eve. (Quick flashback to this time last year…awwww!)
You had a great Christmas! You got My Pal Scout, some books, a remote control car, bath toys, a Yo Gabba Gabba blanket and Plex pillow, and more! You loved ripping the wrapping paper, and playing with the ornaments on the tree.
You’re continuously adding to your vocabulary. Last month, “no” wasn’t even really on the radar, but it is quickly taking the place of “ball” as your favorite word. You now also say “hello” while holding a phone, and “thank you”.
Tantrums and whining are becoming a more regular occurrence around here. You are also now fully in “climbing toddler” mode – into boxes, onto the couch, all of which I am woefully unprepared for!
I love you, little guy!
And we finally had your 15 month check-up! Here are your current stats –
Weight: 25 lbs. 8 oz
Height: 32.5 inches
16 month milestones (from Baby Center):
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Turns the pages of a book – Yep!
- Has temper tantrums when frustrated – Absolutely
- Becomes attached to a soft toy or other object – Not that I’ve noticed.
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Discovers the joy of climbing – Yes!
- Stacks three blocks – Been there, done that.
- Uses spoon or fork – Been there, done that.
- Learns the correct way to use common objects (e.g., the telephone) – Yes
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Takes off one piece of clothing by himself – Yep
- Gets finicky about food – Not really
- Switches from two naps to one – Been there, done that.