Happy 17 months, little guy!
This was a rough one for us. You got pretty sick after Christmas (RSV and a double ear infection…thanks, daycare germs!), but you’re much better now. 🙂 Your illness threw off our routines quite a bit though, so we spent the rest of the month trying to get you back to sleeping through the night. The past couple of nights were the best we’ve had in a long time. Hopefully, we’re back on track now. *fingers crossed*
You amaze me every day with the new things you’re saying and doing. I can ask you, “Where’s your nose?” and you touch your nose (then my nose, the dog’s nose, whoever is nearby…) Your favorite new word this month is “catch”, which you started saying out of nowhere as you and Daddy were playing with a ball.
You love to climb on the couch, and sit so properly with your back straight and legs crossed (I don’t know where you got such great posture – definitely not from me!). In the evenings, you’ve actually started sitting with Daddy for story time (before you would climb in and out of his lap, try to throw the book on the floor, etc.)
I can’t believe in less than a month you’ll be halfway to TWO! Time is going by so fast…
I love you!
17 month milestones (from Baby Center):
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Uses six words regularly – Yes – “mama”, “dada”, “ball”, “hello”, “more”, “no”, etc.
- Enjoys pretend games – Yep
- Likes riding toys – Definitely
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Feeds doll – I haven’t seen him do this yet.
- Speaks more clearly – Yep
- Throws a ball underhand – No, but he’s already throwing a ball overhand (listed as an advanced skill at 18 months!), and has been for a while
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Dances to music – Yep
- Sorts toys by color, shape, or size – He’s working on it
- Kicks ball forward – Been there, done that.