My little chatterbox –
You are now halfway to TWO years old. Someone please make time STOP! 🙁
Every month I feel like you’ve doubled your vocabulary! You can now say: cheese, sad, bee (this is any bug), outside, draw (“daw” *points to markers*) and apple.
You love to “read” your books, and will even pull yourself up on the couch and sit quietly for a few minutes to flip through the pages, pointing out things you know (“BALL! BEE! DOG!”) I’m also convinced that you KNOW that any book with a dog on the cover will have a ball in it, and you purposely pick those books…lol
You also enjoy playing with your shadow on the wall, and putting things in the trash can (whether it is trash or not). Such a helpful little guy… 😀
I love you!
(Still a couple of weeks until his 18 month well-check, so I’ll update the weight/height stats then!) UPDATED ON 19 MONTH POST!
Pants: 18 months are still a little long, but 12 months are too short!
Shirts/Onesies: 18 months, and some 24 months/2T
Shoes: Size 5.5 or 6
Diapers: Size 4
Teeth: I stopped counting because I’m going to lose a finger. I think we’re currently between stages 3 and 4.
Likes – cheese, beans, apples/applesauce
Dislikes – This varies by day. lol
18 month milestones (from Baby Center):
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Will “read” board books on his own – Yep
- Scribbles well – Yes, he loves to “daw”.
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Strings two words together in phrases – His favorite is “What’s that?” His daycare teachers think he’s saying “Oh shit!” lol
- Brushes teeth with help – Yes
- Stacks four blocks – Been there, done that
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Throws a ball overhand – Been there, done that! This kid has an ARM on him! lol
- Takes toys apart and puts them back together – Yep
- Shows signs of toilet training readiness – Not that I’ve noticed