Hey little man!
You’re 22 months old, which means in 2 months, you will be TWO! (That’s a lot of twos…) You are definitely ACTING like a two-year old already (MINE! NO WANT! *throws tantrum on floor*) I can honestly say that I don’t remember being two, but it seems very frustrating. lol
The attitude aside, you’re a great kid. You never stop moving. You love do athletic things – run, kick a ball, throw a ball, and Poppy taught you how to hit a ball with a bat (aka: plastic bowling pin). You definitely did not get your athleticism from me!
You can now say “Gigi” (that’s what you call my mom), “Where we going?”, “See ya!”, and “Found it!” among other things. You are so verbal (I guess more so than other one year olds?) the daycare has already started transitioning you to the two year old class, and if things continue to go well, they are planning to move you in July instead of waiting until August!
I love you so much! You never cease to amaze me!
22 month milestones (from Baby Center):
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Can kick a ball forward – Been there, done that!
- Follows two-step requests (get your doll and bring it here) – Yes
- Imitates others’ behavior – Yes
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Can do simple puzzles – Yes
- Can draw a straight line – Almost
- Can identify several body parts – BTDT
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Can put on clothing – He’s great with shoes. That’s about it.
- Might be ready for a big bed – Probably, but he’s not climbing out of the crib, so he will stay there for now.
- Understands opposites (tall and short) – Not quite yet.