I can’t believe in one month, you will be TWO. I know I keep saying that on all of these monthly updates. But seriously…it boggles my mind.
That being said, you have definitely entered the terrible twos already. Tantrums happen at the drop of a hat. Taking you ANYWHERE is exhausting, and I imagine it will be that way for the foreseeable future. (I hear three and four is even worse…oh goodie! *sarcasm*) As your father says, it’s a good thing you’re cute.
You’ve been in the two year old class for a few weeks now (the daycare decided you were ready to move up a little early), and you seem to be thriving with the older kids. You’ve sat on the potty a few times after seeing the other boys do it, though you still haven’t done so at home. I was a little concerned about you being a summer baby and always being the youngest in your class, but it seems to work out well for you to have the older children to emulate.
I can’t wait to see what the next month has in store for us!
Love you lots and lots!
23 month milestones (from Baby Center):
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Can make a tower of four bricks – Yes, I think the highest he has stacked is 6 or 7.
- Can name a simple picture in a book – Been there, done that.
- Can use 50 single words – Easily!
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Can make two or three word sentences – Yes
- Can sing simple tunes – Yep
- Takes more of an interest in playing with other children – Yes
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Talks about self (likes, dislikes) – Not yet.
- Asks “Why?” – Not yet.