Sweet boy –
I can’t believe how fast 6 months have gone by. You are learning new skills everyday. You can now sit unassisted for a short amount of time, and you’re ridiculously close to crawling. You imitate sounds and faces, but you’re not making any word-like sounds yet (like “ba ba” or “da da”). You just squeal in delight more than anything. hahaha You’ve been sleeping better lately, and are falling into more of a routine. (Which is awesome!)
It’s so fun watching you grow up. I love you so much!
6 month stats
- Weight: 20 lb. 2 oz.
- Length: 27.75 in.
6 month milestones (from Baby Center):
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Turns toward sounds and voices
- Imitates sounds
- Rolls over in both directions
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Is ready for solid foods
- Sits without support
- Mouths objects
- Passes objects from hand to hand
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Lunges forward or starts crawling — You can scoot forward on your tummy, but you’re not crawling just yet.
- Jabbers or combines syllables — Not yet.
- Drags objects toward himself