Baby boy –
Lots of motor skill development this month! Sitting confidently? Yep! Crawling? Been there, done that. Pulling yourself up to standing? Yeah, you do that now, too…
And when you are standing, you are bouncing. Especially in your crib. Standing still is apparently not an option. Haha
You babble a lot, but still nothing that sounds like words (at least to me). Definitely not “mama” or “dada”. Maybe someone here can translate “gukkk”?
You are so much fun, little guy. I love watching you grow up!
Lots of love, hugs, and kisses!
8 month milestones (from Baby Center):
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Says “mama” or “dada” to parents (isn’t specific) – Nope
- Passes objects from hand to hand
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Stands while holding onto something
- Points at objects – Not yet
- Searches for hidden objects
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Pulls self to standing, cruise
- Picks things up with thumb-finger pincer grasp – Working on this
- Indicates wants with gestures – Not yet