Sweet boy –
You’ve become a lot more confident in your mobility this month. You prefer standing to sitting now, but you still have to hold on to something for balance (at least with one hand). You can also lower yourself from standing to sitting without falling down!
You’ve also found your voice. You do lots of jabbering, can say “baba” and something that sounds like “yes”, but not “mama”or “dada” yet.
You still don’t have any teeth, but I keep thinking that one’s going to pop through any day now.
I love you!
Height: 29.5 in
Weight: 23 lbs. 4 oz.
9 month milestones (from Baby Center):
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Stands while holding onto something
- Jabbers or combines syllables
- Understands object permanence
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Cruises while holding onto furniture
- Drinks from a sippy cup
- Eats with fingers – Still working on this
- Bangs objects together
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Plays patty-cake and peek-a-boo – Peek-a-boo, yes. Not patty-cake
- Says “mama” or “dada” to the correct parent – Nope