Happy 13 months, sweet boy! The last month has just flown by with the holidays! We celebrated three Christmases (one with each side of the extended family, and our own on Christmas day).
You have 7 teeth (4 on top, 3 on bottom), and can now feed yourself with your hands. You hate to be spoon-fed ANYTHING! You’re also no longer drinking formula or using bottles!
You can point to what you want, and shake your head “no”. You’re still a huge fan of toys with wheels, as well as containers you can take stuff in and out of.
It’s so much fun watching you grow up! I love you!
13 month milestones (from Baby Center):
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Uses two words skillfully (e.g., “hi” and “bye”) – He says “go” and points.
- Bends over and picks up an object – Yep
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Enjoys gazing at his reflection – Not that I’ve noticed
- Holds out arm or leg to help you dress him – On rare occasion
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Combines words and gestures to make needs known – Just “go”, like I mentioned above.
- Rolls a ball back and forth – Yep