Happy 16 months, little guy!
You are becoming more verbal and mobile everyday. You still mostly jabber, but you can now say 5 words/phrases (Uh oh, mama, dada, go, thank you). You also sign “more” and “milk”. You’re an expert at climbing on and off the couch. Your one year molars are in, bringing the teeth total to 12.
You’re just now getting into the tantrum phase, but overall, you’re a happy boy who loves to laugh and play!
I love you!
16 month milestones (from Baby Center):
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Turns the pages of a book – Yes
- Has temper tantrums when frustrated – He’s just starting this.
- Becomes attached to a soft toy or other object – Nope
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Discovers the joy of climbing – Definitely
- Stacks three blocks – Been there, done that.
- Uses spoon or fork – He’s getting more coordinated.
- Learns the correct way to use common objects (e.g., the telephone) – Yes
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Takes off one piece of clothing by himself – Not yet
- Gets finicky about food – Yes
- Switches from two naps to one – Not everyday, but more often than not.