Happy 17 months, sweet boy!
This month was a big one on the language front. You’ve added a few more actual words to your vocabulary, and can now say “bye” and wave. You can understand simple directions, and follow them. You point to your nose when asked, and you love to high-five! It’s so cute!
I love you!
17 month milestones (from Baby Center):
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Uses six words regularly – Yes – “mama”, “dada”, “hello”, “bye”, “no”, “go”…
- Enjoys pretend games – Yep
- Likes riding toys – He can sit on them, but hasn’t quite figured out how to make them go…
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Feeds doll – Nope
- Speaks more clearly – He’s getting there.
- Throws a ball underhand – I haven’t seen him do this, but he throws overhand really well.
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Dances to music – Yes
- Sorts toys by color, shape, or size – Not yet
- Kicks ball forward – Maybe once or twice? He prefers throwing them. Lol