Dear sweet boy –
Happy 19 months!
You’ve become quite a handful this month. You LOVE to go outside (never mind that it’s really hot!), and throw tennis balls for the dog to fetch. You haven’t added any words to your vocabulary that I know of, because all you say (or scream) now is “NO!” and point your finger at me. Hahaha Speaking of screaming, there’s a lot of that, too. Not always in anger, more in a “let me show you how loud I can be!” way. Between you and your big brother (who never stops talking), it’s loud here. All day long.
I love you,
19 month milestones (from Baby Center):
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Uses a spoon and fork – Yes
- Runs – Definitely
- Throws a ball underhand – No, but he throws really well overhand!
- Enjoys helping around the house – Yep
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Understands as many as 200 words – maybe?
- Recognizes when something is wrong (e.g., calling a dog a cat) – Not yet
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Washes and dries own hands with help – Yes, he loves to wash his hands!
- Points to picture or object when you call it by name – Not yet
- May know when he needs to pee – Nope