Happy 20 months, little man!
This month’s highlights:
- You’ve added 7 words/phrases consistently to your vocabulary! (“here it is”, “Wow!”, “What?”, “Yes”, “Cheese”, “Ow”, “Car”)
- We went to the Children’s Museum, and you spend the majority of the time in the little grocery store, putting things in a basket and taking them back out. It was so cute! 🙂
- You love to copy your big brother, and follow him everywhere. (He’s not a huge fan of that…)
- Your new favorite toy is a remote control car that plays the most annoying music, so sometimes I have to hide it from you. Which is probably why you started saying “car”…hahaha
I love you!
20 month milestones (from Baby Center):
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Feeds doll – I’ve never seen him do this, but he doesn’t actually have a doll.
- Takes off own clothes – He can take of his shoes, and attempts to take his shirt off, but hasn’t done it successfully yet.
- Dumps an object in imitation, such as throwing garbage away – Yep
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Learns words at a rate of ten or more a day – He’s started saying a lot more lately, and understands very well, so yes.
- Can walk up stairs (but probably not down) – Yep, and he’s getting the hang of walking down them, too.
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- May start exploring genitals – He’s a boy…enough said! lol
- Draws a straight line – Not really
- Names several body parts – Just eyes and ears, so far.