Little Man –
This is such a fun age! Every day you are learning new things. You’re not as verbal as your older brother was at this age, but you understand a lot, and you follow directions really well. You love to sweep and open the dishwasher (usually in the middle of a cycle). You will now show me something and say “See?” and when you want to go outside, you’ll bring me your shoes (or my shoes) and say “I go go!”
I love you so much!
21 month milestones (from Baby Center):
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
- Can walk up steps- Yes
- Enjoys helping around the house – Yes, especially sweeping
- Can set simple goals (e.g. deciding to put a toy in a certain place) – Yep
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
- Can throw a ball overhand – Been there, done that!
- Can kick a ball forward – Yes
- Can make building brick towers/stack blocks – Yep
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
- Names simple pictures in a book (ie: dog, cat) – Not yet
- Can make short sentences (ie: “Me go”) – Only “I go go”, so far.
- Can walk down stairs – He’s getting the hang of it.